I have been training dogs for 50 years in the areas of obedience, field, agility, and tracking. I have titled many dogs over the years: 4 obedience/utility, 1 tracking, 2 master hunter, 3 senior hunter, and 1 master agility. I am also a hunt test judge for the AKC. I have been involved in the equine world since the age of 10. I have shown hunters and jumpers, and dressage to second level. I currently own two horses and ride and drive.
In addition to my equine practice for massage and rehab, I also teach canine-conditioning courses at On the Run Canine Center in Hame Lake, Minnesota, and I consult and evaluate performance dogs at ABCTC (Ann Braue’s Canine Training Center) in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. I am a consultant for veterinarians and the Ferno Company, an underwater treadmill company and distributor of therapeutic ultra sound and laser equipment.
I have a Bachelor of Science in health and education, I am a Certified Veterinary Technician and a Certified Equine Sports Massage Therapist, and I was the first Veterinary Technician Practitioner licensed in the state of Minnesota through the MVMA (Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association). During my 30-year career at the University of Minnesota, I have worked with equine lameness, surgery, and rehab. I have lectured and trained many veterinary students in the areas of canine and equine gait analysis, radiology, surgical technique, animal handling, rehab, and conditioning.
I continue to be a guest lecturer in the Integrative Medicine courses at the University of Minnesota VMC. I became certified as a Canine Rehab Practitioner, and developed the University’s Veterinary Medical Center Canine Rehab facility.
- In 2008, I was a speaker at the International Association of Veterinary Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy (IAVRPT) symposium in Minneapolis on the topic of “Conditioning the Performance Dog.”
- In 2006, I attended the IAVRPT symposium in Holland.
- In 1997, I published and presented a paper on “Guttural Pouch Catheter: Production and Placement” at the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP).
- In 1994, I published a paper titled “Taking a 1,800-Pound Draft Horse to Surgery” in Veterinary Teaching Hospitals News publication.
- AAEP (American Association of Equine Practitioners)
- IAVRPT (International Association of Veterinary Rehab and Physical Therapy)
- MVMA (Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association)
- ACSMA (American Canine Sports Medicine Association)